Powered by WebRing.

Sunday 22 July 2007

Series 3 club

I went out earlier to put the Series up on axle stands, that didn't go far. First off one of my stands is missing the securing peg which holds the centre post at the right height and no amount of searching can find it - so I guess it will have to be an old screwdriver or drill bit in the hole instead !!.

Then I got to jacking up the front end and deciding where to put the stands - completely flummoxed because the received wisdom is to put the stand between the suspension and the wheel hub - but on the Series you can't do that because the half shaft flange bolts through there. Never mind I thought, I can go inboard of the suspension - oh no I can't because the differential is off-set so there is no room on one side.

So I decide to go on the Series 3 and 90/110 club forum and ask for advice, trouble is I haven't been on there for at least a year and my account has lapsed, so I've had to re-register - that's waiting for the moderator to accept. Whilst I was there I discovered that my membership ran out last month, no problem I can just renew it on-line - oh no I can't because I have a Linux PC running Firefox and their on-line payment system has a Java applet that won't run on my browser ( I tried with Firefox and Opera, no luck with either) So I 'll have to call Frank or Marjorie tomorrow and renew over the phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.