Powered by WebRing.

Friday 20 July 2007

Modifications so far

I think it might be interesting to let you know what I've actually fitted/modified etc. since I bought the landrover so here goes.

First thing I did after buying was to change the front seats from the basic ones to high-back 'deluxe' seats - now that is a marketing term !!, I bought them through a small ad in one of the mags and they were a distinct improvement over the originals.

After that I got two bench seats and lap belts for the rear, fitted them no problem so the kids could travel around, it was a great hit with both my girls and their friends, I even took some of them off-roading in the back (and I've got one trip round a course on video).

Of course I had to fit a CB radio - cost me £10 second-hand at a land-rover show and works a treat.

But by far the best thing I did was get Parabolic springs (although still on the original oil dampers) as they completely transform the ride - and I changed the seats again.

The latest seats I've got fitted came from a Vauxhall Senator, they cost me £40 off Ebay (that was for the whole interior !) and they are like 2 big leather armchairs - super comfy, and they have heater elemts in them although not wired up yet. But with the new big armchairs I had to replace the steering wheel with a smaller (15") one as I couldn't get my knees under the original - and now anyone sitting in the front has to climb up to get in !!.

I've also replaced the floor panels in the front cab for checker plate so my fet don't slip as much when wet, got a full length roof rack (ebay again) and two spotlights on the front bumper (going to get relocated onto the roofrack).

Can't think of anything else I've done - but I'm sure I must have !!!

No comments: