Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 26 July 2007

Progress ? What progress

Seeing as how I've either been at work or it's been chucking it down since my last post I've achieved nothing. However, all is not lost as I've had chance to root through the latest landy mags and found some of the stuff I will be needing to get - for example a brake service kit will all new shoes, wheel cylinders etc.
Then I decided that as I need to replace the dampers I may as well put new braided brake lines on as well, so I found them also - looks like I can do the dampers, brakes and brake lines for under £200 so that's not too bad.

What I don't know yet is how much it will cost to overhaul the half-shafts etc. with new wheel bearings and oil seals, it would be stupid not to do them whilst I'm under there - and I will have to do the swivels as well (found swivel overhaul kit for under £16 a side).

So I may not have actually done any work but I've spent a bit of cash in my head !!.

I'm off to Europe tomorrow for a few days so hopefully get back on track next week.

No comments: