Powered by WebRing.

Sunday 5 August 2007

started work



At last - back from Europe (and Wales but that's another story).

Got the landy up on stands and after a monster of a struggle I finally got the brake drums off - I had to resort to a lump of wood and a large hammer to get them to move, but with the amount of oil I found inside I'm surprised they didn't slide off on their own !!

The drums are fine - although heavily contaminated with oil but that will clean off, but everything else is probably scrap - shoes, cylinders etc. so I guess I'll need that overhaul kit after all.

Most probably the oil seals are shot in the axles, so it will be a complete strip down with the half -shafts coming out and all the seals, bearings etc. being replaced.

While I'm at it under the front end I'll be replacing the oil dampers with procomp ones and fitting new extended stainless steel braided brake hoses.

Oh well, back to the mucky stuff !!

No comments: